A condominium is a very close living situation and can be a wonderfully supportive environment or a war zone if neighbors fight neighbors. Without the right association management company it can make for quick escalation. Every property, neighborhood, apartment or condominium in Houston has one or more of the following in residents:
- The Noise Maker: normally active on week nights when you have to work the next day.
- The Slob: they leave their trash bag sitting on the shared landing overnight or sometimes longer until they take it to the community dumpster.
- The Freak: they have eclectic taste to say the least and they have a very strange group of visitors. (Could be transplants to Houston from Austin)
- The Pet Lover: little Fido barks all day while they are at work and leaves little gifts everywhere that they fail to pick up.
One of our managers use to compare living in a condo to having your extended family, (the ones we don’t talk about), living with you every day! The savior is your association management company, the association management provides the expertise that is not just a buffer, but a deterrent to these types of situations.
Association management company, in the trenches
An experienced association management company knows that neighbor to neighbor fighting can quickly escalate to an unmanageable situation that can spread and effect an entire community. Mediating these types of situations is most efficiently handled by the association management company. Parties are more likely to listen, as the association has no dog in the fight so to speak.
The association management company only has one charge and that is to provide a comfortable, safe and friendly atmosphere for all to live in.
How to deal with the nuisance neighbor
No one wants to turn their neighbor in for something they feel they did wrong, but no one wants to live in a community with unbearable neighbors, so do you turn them in to the association management company or use one of the following:
- The diplomatic approach, just reach out to your neighbor and let them know your frustration-see if you can work out a solution.
- Write a letter to the editor in the association management newsletter for your property. Encourage them to answer and sight policy/rule being broken.
- Last resort, contact the association management company and let them address the issue. Let them know that you are happy to attend limited mediation if it will help.
- NEVER retaliate-“Two wrongs don’t make a right”.
No association management company at your property here in Houston, check out RISE Association Management Group; explore what an association management company can do for you. Request a quote by contacting RISE at (713) 936-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The association management company that increases your value and living experience daily.